When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Here are some answers. Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, resulting in a more comfortable, functional, and confident smile. While many assume that braces are primarily for improving appearance, that is only one of the many benefits of straight teeth.
Correctly aligned bite and spaced teeth can provide the following benefits:
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ, neck pain, or headaches.
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems.
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury.
- Help those with speech impediments speak clearly.
- Improve oral health by helping create spaced teeth, making them easier to brush and floss.
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease.
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile.
After your orthodontic treatment, you may need to wear a retainer. Made from acrylic or wire material, your dentist will take an impression, or mold, of your newly aligned teeth for a proper fit.
Wearing retainers after getting braces is essential for the overall health of your teeth. They will help you maintain teeth alignment for a long time.
Our Solutions and Services
If you live in the Estero, Florida area, visit our team at Coconut Point Dental Care or call us at 239-908-0486 to make an appointment.
Self-litigating braces are similar to traditional braces, but they use special clips and brackets to hold the teeth in place rather than elastic, rubber bands or metal ties. The clips allow greater tooth movement, reducing the discomfort sometimes associated with traditional orthodontics.